Saturday 12 August 2006

A wanting

There's an unusual feeling in wanting someone.

You think through the steps, rationalise what you feel.

Is this just a physical attraction?
Do they fill a single need I'm missing elsewhere?
Do they remind me of someone I miss?

And sometimes we find someone new, someone exciting, someone different.

What do you do? Is it polite and acceptable in the modern world to tell someone how you feel? I did. Why keep it inside, we're close, we talk. We've discussed how we feel.
And somehow the discussion makes it's way back to her husband.

Oh did I leave that out? It always seems to inspire more of a reaction from people.

Ye I adore her, and yes she is with someone. She's honest and comfortable. She knows how I feel and she really cares about me, but she has a husband so nothing goes on.

WHich only leaves the kiss you can't have. now that is something you learn to live with.

You sit at the bar with a group of friends, a few drinks you become relaxed, chairs move closer...
someone leans down to scratch their foot and suddenly you can feel their breath on you, the warmth of their skin, the room fills with silence and you are alone together....................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think that telling each other how you feel, is the first step down a dangerous path.
It depends on the people involved of course, but this situation normally ends in tears for a reason.

Strength be with you,
HG